I work within a holistic, relationship-focused, respectful and gentle framework to support babies, young children (ages 0-12 years) and their families/whanau.
Services include support for:
- Developmental and/or learning challenges (e.g. Autism, Developmental Delay, Dyspraxia, Down Syndrome, Prematurity)
- Social relationships
- Parenting skills and strategies
I can provide:
- face-to-face consultations – either at my workspace in St Albans, via Skype, in your own home, or at your child’s Preschool/School
- one-off consultations
- ongoing sessions to support parenting skills and plan implementation
- in-depth assessments
- written recommendations or plans
- preschool and school observations
I am a Registered Psychologist specialising in child development. I live in Christchurch, New Zealand, with my husband and two children.
I have been working alongside children and their families for 17 years, both in New Zealand and overseas. I love my work and feel very privileged to be able to support children and their families through the challenges they experience.
I am experienced in supporting children with a wide range of developmental, learning, social and behavioural challenges. I have had the opportunity to work in a number of different roles over the years, including:
- Senior Psychologist at the Champion Centre in Christchurch (NZ), which provides Early Intervention for children with developmental challenges aged 0-6 years.
- Psychologist at a residential school for children with autism (UK)
- Psychologist and researcher at Down Syndrome International (UK)
- Psychologist in the Ministry of Education Severe Behaviour Service (NZ)
- Psychologist in the Ministry of Education Early Intervention Service (NZ)
- Researcher at the University of Canterbury (NZ)
Consultations and observations — $120 per hour
Written reports and plans — $150 per report
Travel time — $60 per hour